We were founded in 2013 with a driving vision of democratizing medical expertise so that providers can offer every patient the care they deserve. Four years later, we are furthering this mission with the industry-leading eConsult platform, supported by a best-in-class specialist panel, strategic partnerships, top investors and a smart, passionate team.
In addition to a cross-functional group that covers engineering, data science, marketing, product and clinician engagement, we are led by our dynamic founders.
Gil Addo | CEO & Co-founder
Gil drives RubiconMD’s vision and strategy. He is passionate about improving access to the right medical expertise. Formerly a Consultant at Putnam Associates, a pharma strategy consultancy, Gil designed payer and market access strategies for fortune 500s. He holds a BS in Economics and Biomedical Engineering from Yale and an MBA from Harvard. Gil was named one of Forbes Magazine’s “30 Under 30” in healthcare.
Carlos Reines | COO & Co-founder
Carlos is the product and account lead for RubiconMD. Originally from Spain, he’s passionate about leveraging technology to drive change in healthcare. Prior to RubiconMD, Carlos led a division at Telefonica, one of the largest telecom companies in the world. He began his career at Siemens Healthcare. He earned Masters’ in both Bioengineering and Telecom Management in Madrid, and an MBA from Harvard.
“A personal experience with the healthcare system inspired the idea for RubiconMD. I had a grandmother who had to travel thousands of miles to Boston for treatment of a brain tumor, and then back and forth for all the follow-up. Why couldn’t her local provider oversee her care with appropriate support? There had to be a better way. eConsults improve access to the right specialist and bring that expertise into the primary care setting, to the front line. So that all patients can access the care they need, regardless of socioeconomic barriers.”
Gil Addo | CEO
“I believe in the power of technology to solve critical social problems within communities. At RubiconMD, we strive to create an educational and empowering experience for providers that allows them to make a significant impact on the way healthcare is delivered. We have designed our platform to ensure clinicians can access insights to improve their practice with delight and ease.”
Carlos Reines | Co-Founder, COO
We partner with top organizations to bring expert insights to primary care providers throughout the country.
Electronic Health Records (EHRs)
- Robert Lufrano, MD – Fmr. Chairman and CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
- Robert Huckman, PhD – Professor, Harvard Business School, Head of Healthcare Initiative
- Jeffrey Sachs – Principal, Sachs Policy Group
- James Lesko – Fmr. SVP, U.S. Field Operations, Xerox Corporation
- Hal Yee, MD, PhD – Chief Medical Officer, Los Angeles County Dept of Health Services
- Carl Byers – Executive Partner, F-Prime Capital Partners
- Enrico Picozza – Partner, HLM Venture Partners
- Laura Veroneau – Principal, Optum Ventures
- Rajeev Singh-Molares – Co-founder, Alma Mundi Ventures
- Gil Addo – CEO & Co-founder
- Carlos Reines – COO & Co-founder
- Robert Greenglass – Managing Director, Waterline Ventures (Obs.)
- Carl Bouthillette – Senior Officer, California Health Care Foundation (Obs.)
- Andrew Bouldin – Principal, FCA Venture Partners (Obs.)
- Vin Fabiani – Partner, HLM Venture Partners (Obs.)